VentureFounders Scale Up Series | Talent, took place on Thursday 25 May at The Bulgari Hotel in Knightsbridge.
In partnership with Metro Bank, this second instalment of the Scale Up Series gathered founders, investors, and tech leaders to help break down one of the biggest barriers to scale-up growth: the sourcing and retention of world-class talent.
The evening explored three themes central to the talent debate:
• Open borders: The impact of Brexit and Article 50 on access to talent
• Generalist vs specialist: What kind of talent do scaling businesses need?
• Talent retention: How employers can source and retain the best amidst a competitive battle for talent
Simon Calver, Partner at BGF Ventures, the £200m investment vehicle supporting the UK’s best and brightest tech founders, as the keynote Simon Calver, Partner at BGF Ventures, the £200m investment vehicle supporting the UK’s best and brightest tech founders, as the keynote
- Lord Howard Flight, Non-Executive Director, Metro Bank
- Emma Cerrone Co-founder and Partner of Freeformers,
- Dr David Tuch, Founder & CEO, Lightpoint Medical
- Andrew Davies, Co-founder & CEO, Idio
- Nick Walters, Founder & CEO, Hopster